Technical Project Manager
About the role
As a quickly growing deep technology company with world-leading expertise in Computer-Generated Holography, VividQ is looking for an experienced Technical Project Manager to help us execute an exciting program of projects with Tier 1 organisations. This will entail delivering a range of solutions from proof-of-concept demonstrators to consumer-grade electronics.
Responsibilities will include:
- Identifying and tracking project dependencies, and evaluating and escalating material risks to the projects
- Managing the Bill Of Materials for hardware projects, ensuring a timely delivery both internally and by the suppliers
- Managing logistics, tools, transport and working space as necessary for the success of projects
- Tracking costs against budget, and ensuring projected costs are always clearly communicated at all levels of the organisation
- Liaising with contractors as necessary to understand costs against budget and progress against plan;
- Supporting the Senior Product Owner in preparing status reports for Exec review on progress against plan, issues, and corrective actions; building project plans; and mapping major software and hardware activities and milestones onto project timelines
- Supporting the Lead Product Owner and Gate Process for projects by preparing and rationalising plans and identifying risks and mitigations
- Working with the Product Owners, Backlog Owners, Technical Leads and Scrum Masters in identifying sprint goals for each Sprint
This is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of introducing a genuinely revolutionary new technology into the market, and to be part of an innovative and enthusiastic business poised for dramatic growth.
Qualifications and skills
To meet the requirements of this role you must have:
- A good degree within an engineering or scientific discipline
- A proven track record in the successful delivery of large and complex development projects
- Experience of managing risk, cost and schedule on development projects with considerable novel content
- An excellent understanding of product development processes
- Prior experience in managing procurement for product prototypes
- Basic awareness of Agile principles and practice
Applications will be strongly preferred from candidates that can demonstrate:
- Experience of managing Engineering Change Requests and BOMs, especially with a focus on procurement and purchasing
- Experience of managing contractors and suppliers
- Experience of managing multidisciplinary teams
- Experience in software project management using Agile methodologies
What do we offer?
- Become part of a fun, smart, ambitious team working towards changing the future of display technology
- Competitive salary and employee share options
- 25 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays and flexible working environment
- Pension scheme
This role is based in Cambridge, UK. It will involve weekly travel to the company’s commercial office based in London, and occasional travel to offices of customers and partners both locally and internationally.
VividQ is a deep tech software company with world-leading expertise in 3D holography. Founded in 2017 by a team of expert engineers, mathematicians and computer scientists out of the Universities of Cambridge, Oxford and St Andrews who solved key technology barriers in the adoption of holographic display for mass commercial applications.VividQ’s software brings real-time computer generated holography (CGH) to everyday applications such as AR/VR headsets and smart glasses, automotive head-up displays, and consumer electronics. To date, VividQ has grown its Commercial and Technical teams in Cambridge and London, made a full release of the software framework, and established the holographic display ecosystem with manufacturers in the US, Taiwan and Europe. Learn more at www.vivid-q.com.