Senior Systems Administrator
VividQ is a quickly growing deep technology company with global ambitions. Based out of Cambridge (UK), we are on a mission to bring holographic display to the mass consumer market. Our software and IP for computer-generated holography is used by the biggest technology companies, developing next generation products in the automotive, consumer electronics, and digital display sectors.
Today, we are looking for a Senior Systems Administrator to join VividQ as we grow. There may be opportunities for management as the business grows.
Employment type: Full-time
Base compensation: 40-60K GBP
Benefits: Share options, Flexible working days/hours, Cycle To Work Scheme, Generous sick pay and maternity/paternity policies
Location: Flexible, with regular visits to Cambridge (UK)
Line Manager: Head of Infrastructure
Key responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining and expanding IT systems for local and remote users;
- Working with colleagues across the business to meet their current and future needs;
- Planning and executing the rollout of new technologies across the business;
- Supporting colleagues in their use of technology, even when that technology is new to you;
- Network configuration and management; and
- Automated backups and restoring from them in emergencies.
Qualifications and skills
We’re looking for someone who has:
- At least 3 years of experience as a sysadmin;
- Experience administering Windows 10 and Linux;
- Planned and managed upgrades and roll-outs of new technologies;
- Experience working with expert users to integrate their products with wider systems;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong experience of systems security; and
- A strong degree, likely in a scientific discipline.
We currently use:
- A variety of operating systems including Windows 10, macOS and a variety of Linux distributions;
- Services including AWS, Bitbucket, Jira, Google Workspace (formerly G Suite), Papyrs, Office 365;
- C++, CUDA C, and C# languages for our products and python for modelling, analysis and continuous integration; and
- Other technologies like Visual Studio, git, Jenkins, Wireguard and Yubikeys.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Employee share options scheme (the earlier you join, the bigger your upsight)
- 25 days of paid holiday (plus bank holidays), and flexible working environment
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Generous sick pay and maternity/paternity policies
- Diverse set of tasks, with every new day bringing fresh and exciting challenges
- Become part of a smart, ambitious team working towards changing the future of display technology
The candidate will be based in the UK and work regularly from our Cambridge (UK) office.
How to apply
To apply please send a CV and a couple of sentences explaining why you would be a good fit for this role to email@example.com
VividQ is a deep tech software company with world-leading expertise in computer-generated holography. The company was founded based on ground-breaking research from the University of Cambridge, to make holographic display a mass market technology. VividQ software and IP is used by international technology companies , developing the next-generation of augmented reality (AR) wearables, head-up displays (HUD) and consumer electronics. The company is supported by international VC investors.
VividQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.