Senior Systems Administrator
As a quickly growing deep technology company, VividQ is looking for a Senior Systems Administrator to join VividQ as we grow. There may be opportunities for management as the business grows.
Being part of a rapidly growing start-up company means a fast-paced environment, and a diverse set of tasks, with every new day bringing fresh and exciting challenges.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining and expanding IT systems for local and remote users;
- Working with colleagues across the business to meet their current and future needs;
- Planning and executing the rollout of new technologies across the business;
- Supporting colleagues in their use of technology, even when that technology is new to you;
- Network configuration and management; and
- Automated backups and restoring from them in emergencies.
Qualifications and skills
We’re looking for someone who has:
- At least 3 years of experience as a sysadmin;
- Experience administering Windows 10 and Linux;
- Planned and managed upgrades and roll-outs of new technologies;
- Experience working with expert users to integrate their products with wider systems;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong experience of systems security; and
- A strong degree, likely in a scientific discipline.
We currently use:
- A variety of operating systems including Windows 10, macOS and a variety of Linux distributions;
- Services including AWS, Bitbucket, Jira, Google Workspace (formerly G Suite), Papyrs, Office 365;
- C++, CUDA C, and C# languages for our products and python for modelling, analysis and continuous integration; and
- Other technologies like Visual Studio, git, Jenkins, Wireguard and Yubikeys.
What do we offer?
- Become part of a fun, smart, ambitious team working towards changing the future of display technology;
- Competitive salary and employee share options;
- 25 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays and flexible working environment; and
- Pension scheme.
VividQ is a VC-backed, deep tech software company with world-leading expertise in 3D holography: the next generation display technology. Our expert engineers, mathematicians and computer scientists out of the Universities of Cambridge, Oxford and St Andrews have solved key technology barriers in the adoption of holographic display for mass commercial application. VividQ powers devices developed by OEMs across the US, China and Japan, establishing a new standard of display. Learn more at www.vivid-q.com.