Senior Software Developer
VividQ is a quickly growing deep technology company with global ambitions. Based out of Cambridge (UK), we are on a mission to bring holographic display to the mass consumer market. Our success is contingent on the vibrant community of engineers based in our Cambridge office, who every day tackle new coding tasks, optical challenges and research problems.
Today, we are looking for an experienced developer to maintain and extend VividQ’s hologram generation software suite.
Employment type: Full-time
Base compensation: 50-65K GBP
Benefits: Share options, Flexible working days/hours, Cycle To Work Scheme, Generous sick pay and maternity/paternity policies
Location: Flexible, with regular visits to Cambridge (UK)
Line Manager: Head of Development
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will have substantial experience in software development in a variety of contexts, and a desire to share that expertise among the team.
Your mission and responsibilities
As a Senior Software Developer, you will lead by example in maintaining, designing and developing code.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Contributing significantly to the code base ;
- Involvement in the full development cycle ;
- Maintaining, enforcing and extending good coding standards;
- Generation of highly efficient code: profiling, optimizing, benchmarking;
- Contribution to documentation;
- Leading by example and offering advice to junior members of the team;
- Delivering promptly.
Your experience and skills
The successful candidate will have most or all of the following:
- A good degree in any subject
- Strong C/C++ and Python programming skills
- Good knowledge of cross-platform development practices (Windows, Linux, Android)
- Experience with API development
- Experience with a variety of the following: CUDA, OpenGL, DirectX, Vulkan, C#, Unity
- Experience with version control (Git, svn, etc)
- Strong problem solving abilities and a drive to deliver promptly
- Good communication skills
Applications will be strongly preferred from candidates that can demonstrate:
- Have good knowledge of development for embedded platforms
- Have interest or knowledge of FPGAs, VHDL, Verilog or SystemVerilog
- Have an interest in the AR/VR field
- Have an interest in high-performance parallel computing
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Employee share options scheme (the earlier you join, the bigger your upsight)
- 25 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working environment
- Generous sick pay and maternity/paternity policies
- Diverse set of tasks, with every new day bringing fresh and exciting challenges.
- Become part of a smart, ambitious team working towards changing the future of display technology
The candidate will be based in the UK and work regularly from our Cambridge (UK) office.
How to apply
To apply please send a CV and a couple of sentences explaining why you would be a good fit for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
VividQ is a deep tech software company with world-leading expertise in computer-generated holography. The company was founded based on ground-breaking research from the University of Cambridge, to make holographic display a mass market technology. VividQ software and IP is used by international technology companies , developing the next-generation of augmented reality (AR) wearables, head-up displays (HUD) and consumer electronics. The company is supported by international VC investors.
VividQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.