Quality Assurance Engineer
VividQ is a quickly growing deep technology company with global ambitions. Based out of Cambridge (UK), we are on a mission to bring holographic display to the mass consumer market. Our software and IP for computer-generated holography is used by the biggest technology companies, developing next generation products in the automotive, consumer electronics, and digital display sectors.
Today, we are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer with keen analytical and problem-solving skills, able to create test cases for software.
Seniority: Mid-level – Senior
Employment type: Full-time
Base compensation: £40k – £50k
Benefits: Share options, Flexible working days/hours, Cycle To Work Scheme, Generous sick pay and maternity/paternity policies
Location: Cambridge, UK
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will work with the Quality Assurance Lead and the wider development team to ensure the integrity, quality and overall performance of our software. They will work towards test coverage of all products under continuous integration. They should be able to work both independently and as part of a development team in an agile environment.
Your mission and responsibilities
- Creating and executing detailed test plans for new and existing software;
- Automating tests in continuous integration;
- Maintaining software quality for existing features; and
- Advising approval of finalised software features.
Your experience and skills
- Proven experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer or similar role;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Strong knowledge of Python (or other programming language);
- Attention to detail;
- An analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude; and
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
While not necessary, it would be great if you also have:
- Prior experience with software product lifecycle;
- Experience with continuous integration; and
- An interest in the AR/VR field.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Employee share options scheme (the earlier you join, the bigger your upsight)
- 25 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working environment
- Generous sick pay and maternity/paternity policies
- Diverse set of tasks, with every new day bringing fresh and exciting challenges.
- Become part of a smart, ambitious team working towards changing the future of display technology
How to apply
To apply please send a CV and a short paragraph explaining why you would be a good fit for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
VividQ is a deep tech software company with world-leading expertise in computer-generated holography. The company was founded based on ground-breaking research from the University of Cambridge, to make holographic display a mass market technology. VividQ software and IP is used by international technology companies , developing the next-generation of augmented reality (AR) wearables, head-up displays (HUD) and consumer electronics. The company is supported by international VC investors, and For more information, please visit: www.vivid-q.com.
VividQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.