Quality Assurance Engineer
VividQ is a fast-paced, deep technology company with global ambitions. Based out of Cambridge (UK), we are on a mission to bring holographic displays to the mass consumer market. Our software and IP for computer-generated holography is used by the biggest technology companies, developing next-generation products in the automotive, consumer electronics, and digital display sectors.
To join our growing team, we are recruiting for a Quality Assurance Engineer with keen analytical and problem-solving skills, able to create test cases for software.
Employment type: Full-time
Base compensation: Competitive
Who are we looking for?
As the successful candidate, you will work directly with the QA Team Lead and the wider development team to ensure the integrity, quality and overall performance of our software. You will work towards test coverage of all products under continuous integration. You will be expected to work both independently and as part of a development team in an agile environment.
What you’ll do
- Create and execute detailed test plans for new and existing software
- Automating tests in continuous integration
- Numerical analysis of simulated display output
- Occasionally testing prototype hardware in the lab
- Maintaining software quality for existing features
- Advise on approval of finalised software features
Required experience and skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- 3+ years experience as a QA Engineer or similar role
- An excellent communicator
- Strong knowledge of Python (or other programming language)
- Takes pride in a job well done with attention to detail
- An analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
The following is also beneficial
- Prior experience with software product lifecycle
- Experience with continuous integration
- A keen personal interest in the AR/VR field
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Employee share options scheme (the earlier you join, the bigger your upside)
- Progressive, friendly working environment operating a hybrid working model (with flexible core hours)
- Good benefits package including generous maternity/paternity pay, cycle to work, PMI with Vitality
- A diverse set of tasks, with every new day bringing fresh and exciting challenges
- Become part of a smart, ambitious team working towards changing the future of display technology
- 25 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays
Centrally located offices in both Cambridge and London. The successful candidate will need to be able to commute into Cambridge regularly.
How to apply
To apply please send your CV and a couple of paragraphs explaining why you would be a good fit for this role to email@example.com
VividQ is a deep tech software company with world-leading expertise in computer-generated holography. The company was founded based on groundbreaking research from the University of Cambridge, to make holographic display a mass market technology. VividQ software and IP is used by international technology companies, developing the next generation of augmented reality (AR) wearables, head-up displays (HUD) and consumer electronics. The company is supported by international VC investors, and For more information, please visit www.vividq.com.
VividQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.