VividQ is a quickly growing deep technology company with global ambitions. We are on a mission to bring holographic display to the mass consumer market. Our software and IP for computer-generated holography is used by the biggest technology companies, developing next generation products in the automotive, consumer electronics, and digital display sectors.
Today, we are looking for an Agile/Scrum Product Owner to support the Hardware and/or Software Engineering teams by drafting and refining Stories that best advance the business goals.
Seniority: Junior to Mid-Level
Employment type: Full-time
Base compensation: 30-45K GBP
Benefits: Share options, Flexible working days/hours, Cycle To Work Scheme, Generous sick pay and maternity/paternity policies
Location: Cambridge (UK), and sometimes London, with some flexibility to work from home
Your mission and responsibilities
- Filling out the details of Stories identified in team sessions to break down Epics, ensuring that a feasible approach exists, dependencies and relationships to other work are considered, and what we need to achieve and why it’s valuable are clear.
- Supporting the just-in-time planning and estimation process, helping to break down Epics into well-scoped Stories
- Supporting strategic planning by helping to define and estimate longer-term Features
- Maintaining the Jira backlog, including processing new bugs and stories, ensuring Epic status is accurate, closing obsolete tickets, and ensuring incomplete and outstanding work can be found when needed.
- Supporting and driving constant improvement in process and workflow
- More senior applicants will also be expected to take a greater role in change control, strategic planning, and developing and defining the product realisation process
This is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of introducing a genuinely revolutionary new technology into the market, and to be part of an innovative and enthusiastic business poised for dramatic growth.
Your experience and skills
To meet the requirements of this role you must have:
- A deep appreciation of how and why Agile principles are essential to good engineering practice
- Excellent spoken and written communication in highly technical subjects
- Excellent skills in analysis, questioning, and compartmentalisation
- Familiarity with backlog management tools
Applications will be strongly preferred from candidates that can demonstrate:
- A strong technical background, ideally in either optics or software development
- A good degree within an engineering or scientific discipline
- Familiarity with Jira
- Previous experience as an Agile Product Owner
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Employee share options scheme (the earlier you join, the bigger your upsight)
- 25 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working environment
- Generous sick pay and maternity/paternity policies
- Diverse set of tasks, with every new day bringing fresh and exciting challenges.
- Become part of a smart, ambitious team working towards changing the future of display technology
The candidate will be based in the UK and available to work regularly from our Cambridge offices and travel to London, and occasionally to offices of our customers and partners both locally and internationally.
How to apply
To apply please send a CV and a short paragraph explaining why you would be a good fit for this role to email@example.com.
VividQ is a deep tech software company with world-leading expertise in computer-generated holography. The company was founded based on ground-breaking research from the University of Cambridge, to make holographic display a mass market technology. VividQ software and IP is used by international technology companies , developing the next-generation of augmented reality (AR) wearables, head-up displays (HUD) and consumer electronics. The company is supported by international VC investors.
VividQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.