As a quickly growing deep technology company offering products that solve critical problems in the display and VR/AR industries, VividQ is looking for a Product Manager to oversee and maintain a well-defined and deliverable development roadmap in response to customer needs.
The future Product Manager will work closely with the Product Owners in the technical team and the sales team to capture and develop use cases to support feature definition and planning. They will provide clear product definitions and associated collateral to support business development and allow the company to confidently engage in profitable projects with world-leading technology companies.
As a Product Manager at VividQ, you will:
- Collaborating with Project Management, Product Owners, and the Chief Development Officer to assemble roadmaps and project plans
- Collaborating with the technical and commercial teams in creating base product marketing collateral across different market verticals
- Working with Product Owners and Project Managers to clearly and accurately report progress, issues and corrective actions to the exec, and to support clear communication within the business
- Working with customers and partners to understand the specific needs and opportunities of whole-product solutions and represent them to the development team
- Supporting the bug Triage process, providing policy decisions to guide decision-making by the Triage team, and advising on customer impact
- Supporting and enabling development of effective processes for project and product governance and design control.
- Working with Product Owners and Project Managers to drive the project Gate control process and to generate the required documentation
- Working with Product Owners and the QA team to ensure sufficient definition of features, and delivery of development kits, and effective testing.
This is an exciting opportunity to shape the development of genuinely revolutionary display technology, and to be part of an innovative and enthusiastic business poised for dramatic growth.
The successful candidate will have most or all of the following:
- A good degree, most likely in an engineering or scientific discipline
- A good understanding of Agile development principles and practice
- Experience of product management covering the full product lifecycle
- Experience managing complex solutions combining hardware and software elements
- Prior experience of at least 3 years as a software developer or electrical engineer
- An intensely collaborative and participatory approach
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
Applications will be strongly preferred from candidates that can demonstrate:
- Experience of software licensing
- Direct experience of working with clients and participating in sales
- Deep curiosity and appetite for learning
- Cultural sensitivity and experience of working globally
- Prior experience in building Product Management systems and processes in a start-up environment
What do we offer?
- Become part of a fun, smart, ambitious team working towards changing the future of display technology
- Competitive salary and employee share options
- 25 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays and flexible working environment
- Pension scheme
This role is based in Cambridge, UK. It will involve weekly travel to the company’s commercial office based in London, and occasional travel to offices of customers and partners both locally and internationally.
VividQ is a deep tech software company with world-leading expertise in 3D holography. Founded in 2017 by a team of expert engineers, mathematicians and computer scientists out of the Universities of Cambridge, Oxford and St Andrews who solved key technology barriers in the adoption of holographic display for mass commercial applications.VividQ’s software brings real-time computer generated holography (CGH) to everyday applications such as AR/VR headsets and smart glasses, automotive head-up displays, and consumer electronics. To date, VividQ has grown its Commercial and Technical teams in Cambridge and London, made a full release of the software framework, and established the holographic display ecosystem with manufacturers in the US, Taiwan and Europe. Learn more at www.vivid-q.com.