VividQ is a quickly growing deep technology company with global ambitions. Based out of Cambridge (UK), we are on a mission to bring holographic display to the mass consumer market. Our software and IP for computer-generated holography are used by the biggest technology companies, developing next generation devices in the automotive, consumer electronics, and digital display sectors.
We are looking for an experienced Product Manager to oversee and maintain a well-defined product development roadmap in response to customer needs.
Seniority: Mid-Level to Senior
Employment type: Full-time
Base compensation: 45-65k
Benefits: Share options, Flexible working days/hours, Cycle To Work Scheme, Generous sick pay and maternity/paternity policies
Location: Flexible, with regular visits to London (UK), and Cambridge (UK)
Line Manager: COO
Your mission and responsibilities
- Collaborating with Project Management, Product Owners, and the Chief Technology Officer to construct and refine product packages and assemble roadmaps and project plans
- Collaborating with the technical and commercial teams in creating base product marketing collateral across different market verticals
- Managing a team of Business Analysts
- Working with Product Owners and Project Managers to clearly and accurately report progress, issues and corrective actions to the exec, and to support clear communication within the business
- Working with customers and partners to understand the specific needs and opportunities of whole-product solutions and presenting them to the development teams
- Driving strategic decision-making that takes into account customer impact
- Supporting and enabling development of effective processes for project and product governance and design control. Working with Product Owners and Project Managers to drive the project Gate control process and to generate the required documentation
- Working with Product Owners and the QA team to ensure sufficient definition of features, effective testing of products, and delivery of development kits to customers
Your experience and skills
The successful candidate will have most or all of the following:
- A good degree, most likely in an engineering or scientific discipline;
- A good understanding of Agile development principles and practice;
- Experience of product management covering the full product lifecycle;
- Experience managing complex solutions combining hardware and software elements;
- An intensely collaborative and participatory approach
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
Applications will be strongly preferred from candidates that can demonstrate:
- Prior experience of at least 3 years as a software developer or electrical engineer
- Experience of software/IP licensing
- Direct experience of working with clients and participating in sales
- Deep curiosity and appetite for learning
- Cultural sensitivity and experience of working globally
- Prior experience in building Product Management systems and processes in a start-up environment.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Employee share options scheme (the earlier you join, the bigger your upside)
- 25 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working environment
- Generous sick pay and maternity/paternity policies
- Diverse set of tasks, with every new day bringing fresh and exciting challenges
- Become part of a smart, ambitious team working towards changing the future of display technology
The candidate will be based in the UK and available to travel to London and Cambridge offices depending on business requirements.
How to apply
To apply please send a CV and a short paragraph explaining why you would be a good fit for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
VividQ is a deep tech software company with world-leading expertise in computer-generated holography. The company was founded based on ground-breaking research from the University of Cambridge, to make holographic display a mass market technology. VividQ software and IP is used by international technology companies , developing the next-generation of augmented reality (AR) wearables, head-up displays (HUD) and consumer electronics. The company is supported by international VC investors.
VividQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.