VividQ is a quickly growing deep technology company with global ambitions. We are on a mission to bring holographic display to the market. Our software and IP for computer-generated holography are used by the biggest technology companies, developing next generation products in the automotive, consumer electronics, and digital display sectors.
We are looking for an Optical Physicist, with a strong drive to learn and contribute; to work on projects including: hardware design and prototyping, algorithms for hologram generation, and research work aimed at enhancing our IP portfolio.
You will be expected to work both independently and with multiple team members during technology development. The successful candidate will likely have a strong background in optical simulation and design, photonics, and the design of laboratory experiments for the characterisation of imaging systems.
The ability to use MATLAB, Python+Scipy, Julia, C/C++/CUDA for simulation and scientific data analysis is highly desirable.
Seniority: Mid-Level to Senior
Employment type: Full-time
Base compensation: 40-65K GBP
Benefits: Share options, Flexible working days/hours, Cycle To Work Scheme, Generous sick pay and maternity/paternity policies
Location: Flexible, with regular visits to Cambridge (UK)
Your mission and responsibilities
- Designing optical systems in Zemax
- Constructing hardware prototypes
- Involvement in hardware design projects with suppliers and customers
- Ideally candidates will also be able to get involved with simulation and prototyping of novel algorithms in Python
Experience and Skills
To be a successful Optical Physicist you will likely have:
- A degree in Physics, Optical Engineering, Mathematics or a similar discipline (PhD qualification is a bonus, but not essential)
- Experience in optical design (manufacturing is a bonus)
- A strong understanding of optical imaging systems, and both geometric and diffractive optics (practical and theoretical)
- Good communication skills
Additionally, it would be great if you have:
- Experience in modelling diffractive optics
- Experience of using spatial light modulators (e.g. LCoS, DLP)
- An understanding of liquid crystal optical devices
- Programming and simulation experience (Python)
- Strong problem-solving abilities and a drive to deliver promptly
- Experience of writing patent proposals
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Employee share options scheme (the earlier you join, the bigger your upside)
- 25 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working environment
- Generous sick pay and maternity/paternity policies
- Diverse set of tasks, with every new day bringing fresh and exciting challenges.
- Become part of a smart, ambitious team working towards changing the future of display technology
Flexible with regular days in Cambridge.
How to apply
To apply please send a CV and a short paragraph explaining why you would be a good fit for this role to email@example.com.
VividQ is a deep tech software company with world-leading expertise in computer-generated holography. The company was founded based on ground-breaking research from the University of Cambridge, to make holographic display a mass market technology. VividQ software and IP is used by international technology companies , developing the next-generation of augmented reality (AR) wearables, head-up displays (HUD) and consumer electronics. The company is supported by international VC investors.
VividQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.