Operations Manager [GRADUATE POSITION]
VividQ is a quickly growing deep technology company with global ambitions. Based out of Cambridge and London (UK), we are on a mission to bring holographic display to the mass consumer market. Our success is contingent on the vibrant community of engineers based in our Cambridge office, who every day tackle new coding tasks, optical challenges and research problems.
Today, we are looking for a smart, adaptable person to enable our people and teams to do their best work, and share responsibility for a wide range of administrative and financial functions with our Chief Operating Officer.
Seniority: Graduate to Junior
Employment type: Full-time
Base compensation: 26-36K GBP
Benefits: Share options, Flexible working days/hours, Cycle To Work Scheme, Generous sick pay and maternity/paternity policies
Location: Flexible, with regular work from the Cambridge (UK) office
Line Manager: COO
Who are we looking for?
You are a highly organised individual, with a curious mind to identify problems around you, and the hands-on approach to resolving them. You like to shape and cultivate a positive environment around you, where people can be both highly collaborative and deeply creative. You are comfortable working alongside technical teams, and are dedicated to enabling them to be the best at what they do, to make fast-paced progress. You are interested in getting a better understanding of people’s needs. You are curious and thoughtful about processes in which you are involved. You are responsible, and comfortable dealing with financial operations. You are ready to become part of an ambitious, international team, and report directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
Your mission and responsibilities
The future Operations Manager will focus on enabling the technical teams based in Cambridge, with a range of office, financial, and people management responsibilities. You will become part of the team changing the world of digital display with holography.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Making sure that the Cambridge office runs smoothly at both front and back-end
- Acting as the liaison between technical teams’ employees and upper management
- Acting as the face of the Cambridge office when interacting with senior management, investors, partners, customers and/or job candidates
- Overlooking equipment and components purchase and distribution
- Interfacing with project managers and financial operations team to support the procurement process
- Managing the external and internal correspondence and documentation
- Assisting with the recruitment process of new additions to our world-class technical team from the application through interview to on-boarding
- Ensuring professional and transparent HR processes are observed while maintaining a relaxed and informal office atmosphere without undue bureaucracy
- Coming up with great new ideas to preserve and foster a workspace in which everyone can feel comfortable and work to the best of their ability
- Anything else that a rapidly growing technology company might need from time to time!
This is an exciting opportunity to shape the development of genuinely revolutionary display technology, and to be part of an innovative and enthusiastic business poised for dramatic growth. This role has immense growth potential as VividQ scales up.
Your experience and skills
The successful candidate will have most or all of the following:
- A good degree in any subject
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Strong initiative and ability to work both independently and in a team
- Ability to recognise complex problems and understand how they relate to different parts of the business
- Computer Skills: MS Office and Google Suite applications, in particular, use of Excel for forecasting and problem solving, good Powerpoint/Google Slides skills for presentations.
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written) as well as the ability to discuss complex issues with directors and managers
- Some experience of project management / administrative tasks / purchasing and/or recruitment processes
Applications will be strongly preferred from candidates that can demonstrate:
- Previous experience with HR / office management / procurement functions
- Deep curiosity and appetite for learning
- A strong interest in technology, and ideally in a relevant field such as VR/AR/MR
- Experience of or interest in working in a start-up environment
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Employee share options scheme (the earlier you join, the bigger your upsight)
- 25 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working environment
- Generous sick pay and maternity/paternity policies
- Diverse set of tasks, with every new day bringing fresh and exciting challenges.
- Become part of a smart, ambitious team working towards changing the future of display technology
The candidate will be based in Cambridge, UK and available to travel to London, UK on a weekly basis.
How to apply
To apply please send a CV and a short paragraph explaining why you would be a good fit for this role to email@example.com
VividQ is a deep tech software company with world-leading expertise in computer-generated holography. The company was founded based on ground-breaking research from the University of Cambridge, to make holographic display a mass market technology. VividQ software and IP is used by international technology companies , developing the next-generation of augmented reality (AR) wearables, head-up displays (HUD) and consumer electronics. The company is supported by international VC investors, and For more information, please visit: www.vivid-q.com.
VividQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.