As a quickly growing deep technology company, VividQ is looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineer with strong rapid-prototyping skills to work on exciting new projects.
The successful candidate will become a part of an ambitious team, focused on developing next generation display solutions. You will work alongside world-leading optical, electronic engineers and software developers.
Being part of a rapidly growing start-up company means a fast-paced environment, and a diverse set of tasks, with every new day bringing fresh and exciting challenges.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Liaising with current suppliers and contractors to enhance designs;
- Capturing requirements of future projects from a high-level overview, translating to specifications and concepts;
- Designing and sourcing custom components for mounting optical and electronic components;
- Working closely with Optics Engineers to create bespoke solutions to solve problems; and
- Producing attractive designs for consumers.
Qualifications and skills
The successful candidate will likely have:
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or related subject;
- Excellent CAD skills with over 10 years of experience;
- Ability to compare CAD packages and take charge of implementing it to work with the company;
- Demonstrable skill in designing parts/components for manufacture of various materials using a range of techniques;
- Confidence and ability to think of and develop unique solutions;
- Hands-on experience in building/assembling products; and
- Excellent knowledge/experience of BoM maintenance and revision control.
While not necessary, it would be great if you also have:
- Experience in setting-up and maintaining a CAD package;
- Experience in rapid prototyping 3d-printed parts;
- Experience in surface-modelling;
- Experience in design for mass manufacture;
- Simulation experience – FEA, thermals, etc; and
- Optics experience
What do we offer?
- Become part of a fun, smart, ambitious team working towards changing the future of display technology;
- Competitive salary and employee share options;
- 25 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays and flexible working environment; and
- Pension scheme.
VividQ is a VC-backed, deep tech software company with world-leading expertise in 3D holography: the next generation display technology. Our expert engineers, mathematicians and computer scientists out of the Universities of Cambridge, Oxford and St Andrews have solved key technology barriers in the adoption of holographic display for mass commercial application. VividQ powers devices developed by OEMs across the US, China and Japan, establishing a new standard of display. Learn more at www.vivid-q.com.