VividQ is a quickly growing deep technology company with global ambitions. Based out of Cambridge (UK), we are on a mission to bring holographic display to the mass consumer market. Our software and IP for computer-generated holography is used by the biggest technology companies, developing next generation products in the automotive, consumer electronics, and digital display sectors.
We are looking for an experienced Mechanical Engineer with strong rapid-prototyping skills to work on exciting new projects. The successful candidate will become a part of an ambitious team, focused on developing next generation display solutions. You will work alongside world-leading optical, electronic engineers and software developers.
Employment type: Full-time
Base compensation: 40-55k
Benefits: Share options, Flexible working days/hours, Cycle To Work Scheme, Generous sick pay and maternity/paternity policies
Location: Flexible, with regular visits to Cambridge (UK)
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking an experienced, detail-orientated mechanical engineer with an enthusiasm for working across a range of demo units, prototypes and products. The ideal candidate will enjoy not only the extra challenges presented by the intersection of mechanical work with cutting-edge optical engineering, and be interested in taking on some optomechanics.
Your mission and responsibilities
- Liaising with current suppliers and contractors to enhance designs;
- Capturing requirements of future projects from a high-level overview, translating to specifications and concepts;
- Designing and sourcing custom components for mounting optical and electronic components;
- Working closely with Optics Engineers to create bespoke solutions to solve problems; and
- Producing attractive designs for consumers.
Your experience and skills
The successful candidate will likely have:
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or related subject;
- Excellent CAD skills with over 10 years of experience;
- Ability to compare CAD packages and take charge of implementing it to work with the company;
- Demonstrable skill in designing parts/components for manufacture of various materials using a range of techniques;
- Confidence and ability to think of and develop unique solutions;
- Hands-on experience in building/assembling products; and
- Excellent knowledge/experience of BoM maintenance and revision control.
While not necessary, it would be great if you also have:
- Experience in setting-up and maintaining a CAD package;
- Experience in rapid prototyping 3d-printed parts;
- Experience in surface-modelling;
- Experience in design for mass manufacture;
- Simulation experience – FEA, thermals, etc; and
- Optics experience
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Employee share options scheme (the earlier you join, the bigger your upsight)
- 25 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working environment
- Generous sick pay and maternity/paternity policies
- Diverse set of tasks, with every new day bringing fresh and exciting challenges
- Become part of a smart, ambitious team working towards changing the future of display technology
Flexible with regular days in Cambridge.
How to apply
To apply please send a CV and a short paragraph explaining why you would be a good fit for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
VividQ is a deep tech software company with world-leading expertise in computer-generated holography. The company was founded based on ground-breaking research from the University of Cambridge, to make holographic display a mass market technology. VividQ software and IP is used by international technology companies , developing the next-generation of augmented reality (AR) wearables, head-up displays (HUD) and consumer electronics. The company is supported by international VC investors.
VividQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.