Office and People Executive
About the role
As a quickly growing deep technology company, VividQ is looking for a smart, adaptable person with a desire to have input in a variety of administrative and operational functions. VividQ’s growth is contingent on the vibrant community of engineers based in our Cambridge office, who every day tackle new coding tasks, optical challenges and research problems. The future Office and People Executive will focus on supporting the team with a range of office and people management responsibilities, to become part of our world-changing technological adventure.
The successful candidate will work closely with the company’s Chief Development Officer in Cambridge, where the role is based, and report to the Chief Operating Officer based in London (at least one day a week in London is required).
Responsibilities will include:
- Making sure that the Cambridge office runs smoothly at both front and back-end
- Acting as the liaison between technical teams’ employees and upper management
- Acting as the face of the Cambridge office when interacting with senior management, investors, partners, customers and/or job candidates
- Overlooking equipment purchase and distribution
- Interfacing with project managers and financial operations team to support the procurement process
- Managing the external and internal correspondence and documentation
- Assisting with the recruitment process of new additions to our world-class technical team from the application through interview to on-boarding
- Ensuring professional and transparent HR processes are observed while maintaining a relaxed and informal office atmosphere without undue bureaucracy
- Coming up with great new ideas to preserve and foster a workspace in which everyone can feel comfortable and work to the best of their ability
- Anything else that a rapidly growing technology company might need from time to time!
This is an exciting opportunity to shape the development of genuinely revolutionary display technology, and to be part of an innovative and enthusiastic business poised for dramatic growth.
The successful candidate will have most or all of the following:
- A good degree in any subject
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Strong initiative and ability to work both independently and in a team
- Ability to recognise complex problems and understand how they relate to different parts of the business
- Computer Skills: MS office applications, in particular, use of Excel for forecasting and problem solving, good powerpoint skills for presentations
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written) as well as the ability to discuss complex issues with directors and managers
- Some experience of project management / administrative tasks/purchasing and/or recruitment processes.
Applications will be strongly preferred from candidates that can demonstrate:
- Commercial experience of HR and office management, and procurement
- Deep curiosity and appetite for learning
- A strong interest in technology, and ideally in a relevant field such as VR/AR/MR
- Experience of or interest in working in a start-up environment
What do we offer?
- Become part of a fun, smart, ambitious team working towards changing the future of display technology
- Competitive salary and employee share options
- 25 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays and flexible working environment
- Pension scheme
The candidate will be based in Cambridge, UK.
VividQ is a deep tech software company with world-leading expertise in 3D holography. Founded in 2017 by a team of expert engineers, mathematicians and computer scientists out of the Universities of Cambridge, Oxford and St Andrews who solved key technology barriers in the adoption of holographic display for mass commercial applications.VividQ’s software brings real-time computer generated holography (CGH) to everyday applications such as AR/VR headsets and smart glasses, automotive head-up displays, and consumer electronics. To date, VividQ has grown its Commercial and Technical teams in Cambridge and London, made a full release of the software framework, and established the holographic display ecosystem with manufacturers in the US, Taiwan and Europe. Learn more at www.vivid-q.com.