Office, HR and Procurement Officer
About the role
VividQ is establishing its reputation as a world leader in holographic software. This is entirely contingent on the vibrant community of engineers in our Cambridge office, who every day are tackling new coding tasks, optical challenges and research problems. We are looking for a keen and dynamic addition to the team to help support the team and be part of our world-changing technological adventure.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with the recruitment of new additions to our world-class team;
- Ensuring that everyone has all the computing and lab equipment they need by owning purchasing and distribution processes;
- Interfacing with Project Managers and manufacturers to make purchases of components for our hardware projects;
- Making sure that professional and transparent HR processes are observed while maintaining a relaxed and informal office atmosphere without undue bureaucracy;
- Coming up with great new ideas to preserve and foster a chilled-out workspace in which everyone can feel comfortable and work to the best of their ability;
- Anything else that a cool tech start-up might need from time to time!
This is an exciting opportunity to shape the development of genuinely revolutionary display technology, and to be part of an innovative and enthusiastic business poised for dramatic growth.
The successful candidate will have most or all of the following:
- A good degree in any subject
- Some experience of administering purchasing and/or recruitment processes;
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills;
- Strong initiative and ability to work both independently and in a team; and
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
Applications will be strongly preferred from candidates that can demonstrate:
- Commercial experience of HR management;
- Commercial experience of procurement;
- Deep curiosity and appetite for learning;
- A strong interest in technology, and ideally in a relevant field such as VR/AR/MR; and
- Experience of or interest in working in a start-up.
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- 25 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays and flexible working environment
- Pension scheme
- Regular team lunches
- Share Options
- Become part of a fun, smart, ambitious team working towards changing the future of display technology
VividQ is a deep tech software company with world-leading expertise in 3D holography. Founded in 2017 by a team of expert engineers, mathematicians and computer scientists out of the Universities of Cambridge, Oxford and St Andrews who solved key technology barriers in the adoption of holographic display for mass commercial applications.VividQ’s software brings real-time computer generated holography (CGH) to everyday applications such as AR/VR headsets and smart glasses, automotive head-up displays, and consumer electronics. To date, VividQ has grown its Commercial and Technical teams in Cambridge and London, made a full release of the software framework, and established the holographic display ecosystem with manufacturers in the US, Taiwan and Europe. Learn more at www.vivid-q.com.