Holographic Optical Engineer
VividQ is a quickly growing deep technology company with global ambitions. We are on a mission to bring holographic display to the mass consumer market. Our software and IP for computer-generated holography is used by the biggest technology companies, developing next generation products in the automotive, consumer electronics, and digital display sectors.
Today, we are looking for a Holographic Optical Engineer, with a strong drive to learn and contribute, to work on projects ranging from algorithm construction and optimization, hardware prototyping as well as research work aimed at journal publications.
You will be expected to work both independently and with multiple team members as required during technology development. The successful candidate will likely have a strong academic background in diffractive optics, 3D digital holography, Fourier optics or a related subject as well as a strong publication record. Additional qualifications may include experience with one or more of the following: MatLAB, Python, ZEMAX, C/C++/CUDA.
Seniority: Mid-Level to Senior
Employment type: Full-time
Base compensation: 40-60K GBP
Benefits: Share options, Flexible working days/hours, Cycle To Work Scheme, Generous sick pay and maternity/paternity policies
Location: Flexible, with regular visits to Cambridge (UK)
Line Manager: Head of Research
Key responsibilities will include:
Essential to role will be:
- Designing optical systems in Zemax
- Constructing hardware prototypes
- Involvement in hardware design projects with suppliers and customers
Ideally candidates will also be able to get involved with:
- Simulation and prototyping of novel algorithms in Python
Qualifications and Skills
To be a successful Holographic Engineer you will likely have:
- A degree in Optical/Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or a similar discipline
(PhD qualification is a bonus, but not essential)
- Experience in optical design
- A strong understanding of Fourier optics and related mathematics
- Good communication skills
Additionally, it would be great if you have:
- Programming and simulation experience (Python)
- Low-level coding skills (C/C++, CUDA C, Embedded C etc)
- An interest in the AR/VR field
- Strong problem-solving abilities and a drive to deliver promptly
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Employee share options scheme (the earlier you join, the bigger your upside)
- 25 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working environment
- Generous sick pay and maternity/paternity policies
- Diverse set of tasks, with every new day bringing fresh and exciting challenges.
- Become part of a smart, ambitious team working towards changing the future of display technology
The candidate will be based in the UK and work regularly from our Cambridge (UK) office.
How to apply
To apply please send a CV and a couple of sentences explaining why you would be a good fit for this role to email@example.com
VividQ is a deep tech software company with world-leading expertise in computer-generated holography. The company was founded based on ground-breaking research from the University of Cambridge, to make holographic display a mass market technology. VividQ software and IP is used by international technology companies , developing the next-generation of augmented reality (AR) wearables, head-up displays (HUD) and consumer electronics. The company is supported by international VC investors.
VividQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.