Holographic Optical Engineer
The engineer will work with our dedicated research team to develop proof-of-concept optical systems. The projects range from algorithm construction and optimization, hardware prototyping as well as research work aimed at journal publications.
They should be able to work both independently and with multiple team members as required during technology development. The successful candidate will likely have a strong academic background in diffractive optics, 3D digital holography, Fourier optics or a related subject as well as a strong publication record.
We are looking for a holographic engineer with a strong drive to learn and contribute. Additional qualifications may include experience with one or more of the following: MatLAB, Python, ZEMAX, C/C++/CUDA.
Being part of a rapidly growing start-up company means a fast-paced environment, and a diverse set of tasks, with every new day bringing fresh and exciting challenges. We work in an Agile environment.
Key responsibilities will include:
Essential to role will be:
- Designing optical systems in Zemax
- Constructing hardware prototypes
- Involvement in hardware design projects with suppliers and customers
Ideally candidates will also be able to get involved with:
- Simulation and prototyping of novel algorithms in Python
Qualifications and Skills
To be a successful Holographic Engineer you will likely have:
- A degree in Optical/Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or a similar discipline
(PhD qualification is a bonus, but not essential)
- Experience in optical design
- A strong understanding of Fourier optics and related mathematics
- Good communication skills
Additionally, it would be great if you have:
- Programming and simulation experience (Python)
- Low-level coding skills (C/C++, CUDA C, Embedded C etc)
- An interest in the AR/VR field
- Strong problem-solving abilities and a drive to deliver promptly
What do we offer?
- Become part of a fun, smart, ambitious team working towards changing the future of display technology
- Competitive salary and employee share options
- 25 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays and flexible working environment
- Pension scheme
VividQ is a VC-backed, deep tech software company with world-leading expertise in 3D holography: the next generation display technology. Our expert engineers, mathematicians and computer scientists out of the Universities of Cambridge, Oxford and St Andrews have solved key technology barriers in the adoption of holographic display for mass commercial application. VividQ powers devices developed by OEMs across the US, China and Japan, establishing a new standard of display. Learn more at www.vivid-q.com.