Head of Talent
VividQ is a quickly growing deep technology company with global ambitions. Based out of Cambridge (UK), we are on a mission to bring holographic display to the mass consumer market. Our software and IP for computer-generated holography are used by the biggest technology companies, developing next generation products in the automotive, consumer electronics, and digital display sectors.
Today, we are looking for a Head of Talent to develop and implement our talent acquisition and employee engagement strategies as we scale VividQ to become a global leader in digital display. This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with the founding team on translating our unique company culture into the overall people strategy, and interact with some of the brightest minds in the deep technology industry in the UK.
Employment type: Full-time
Base compensation: 45-65k
Benefits: Share options, Flexible working days/hours, Cycle To Work Scheme, Generous sick pay and maternity/paternity policies
Location: Flexible, with regular visits to Cambridge (UK) and London (UK).
Line Manager: Chief Operating Officer
Who are we looking for?
You are a highly-skilled HR professional with experience of talent acquisition and management in highly technical organisations. You are approachable and confident in building relationships with employees at all levels, specialising in different areas of the business. You have an analytical approach and can adapt learnings from your previous work environments to new situations. You are comfortable making decisions and driving change. You are constantly looking to make processes more efficient, to ensure the happiness of the teams.
Your mission and responsibilities
- Build on and improve elements of the existing company culture, to make VividQ the best place to work
- Implement and run a company-wide performance review (360-degree feedback or alternative). Analyse insights and suggest improvements
- Become a trusted advisor to our senior leaders in defining, developing and delivering strategic hiring plans
- Review recruitment and talent management processes and implement changes to make them more consistent, efficient and scalable
- Collaborate with product and marketing teams to establish VividQ as a leading employer for the best talent, by developing and building awareness of our brand
- Manage the relationships with recruitment agencies and external organisations
- Manage the recruitment budget
- Lead, measure and track the company’s Diversity, Inclusion and Community Involvement initiatives
- Become the wellness champion for the whole business
Your experience and skills
- 8+ years of professional experience in a HR environment (ideally in a technology / start-up company)
- Experience in managing campaigns and relationships with external agencies / academic institutions / commercial partners
- Experience in implementing recruitment and performance management systems and processes
- Strong interpersonal and motivational skills, and ability to build relationships across the whole organisation
- Strong communication skills, and confidence presenting ideas publicly
- Strong track record of developing high performing teams
- Highly organised with keen attention to detail
- Interest in innovation, high-tech and immersive technologies (virtual and augmented reality)
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Employee share options scheme (the earlier you join, the bigger your upside)
- 25 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working environment
- Generous sick pay and maternity/paternity policies
- Diverse set of tasks, with every new day bringing fresh and exciting challenges
- Become part of a smart, ambitious team working towards changing the future of display technology
Flexible with regular days in Cambridge and London.
How to apply
To apply please send a CV and a short paragraph explaining why you would be a good fit for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
VividQ is a deep tech software company with world-leading expertise in computer-generated holography. The company was founded based on ground-breaking research from the University of Cambridge, to make holographic display a mass market technology. VividQ software and IP are used by international technology companies, developing the next-generation of augmented reality (AR) wearables, head-up displays (HUD) and consumer electronics. The company is supported by international VC investors.
VividQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.