Cambridge · Summer Internship 2020
Deadline: 31st March 2020
About the role
VividQ is establishing its reputation as a world leader in holographic software. This is entirely contingent on the vibrant community of engineers in our Cambridge office, who every day are tackling new coding tasks, optical challenges and research problems. We are looking for a keen and dynamic intern to help support the team and be part of our world-changing technological adventure.
As a hardware intern, you will work with our highly skilled engineers on bleeding edge problems which are required to be solved to bring 3D holographic display to mass market. This could include work on mechanical design, optics and/or electronics depending on your interest and skillset.
This is an exciting opportunity to shape the development of genuinely revolutionary display technology, and to be part of an innovative and enthusiastic business poised for dramatic growth.
The successful candidate is likely to:
- Have a strong academic background;
- Be part-way through, or recently have graduated with, a strong degree, most likely, but not necessarily, in a STEM subject;
- Have strong problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Show interest in a relevant area, such as holography or VR/AR;
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to work both independently and in a team; and
- Possess excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- There is no explicit requirement of coding experience, though this may be advantageous.
VividQ is a deep tech software company with world-leading expertise in 3D holography. Founded in 2017 by a team of expert engineers, mathematicians and computer scientists out of the Universities of Cambridge, Oxford and St Andrews who solved key technology barriers in the adoption of holographic display for mass commercial applications.VividQ’s software brings real-time computer generated holography (CGH) to everyday applications such as AR/VR headsets and smart glasses, automotive head-up displays, and consumer electronics. To date, VividQ has grown its Commercial and Technical teams in Cambridge and London, made a full release of the software framework, and established the holographic display ecosystem with manufacturers in the US, Taiwan and Europe. Learn more at www.vivid-q.com.