Deadline: 31st of January 2022
About the role
VividQ is establishing its reputation as a world leader in holographic software. This is entirely contingent on the vibrant community of engineers in our Cambridge office, who every day are tackling new coding tasks, optical challenges and research problems. We are looking for a keen and dynamic intern to help support the team and be part of our world-changing technological adventure.
As a hardware intern, you will work with our highly skilled engineers on bleeding edge problems which are required to be solved to bring 3D holographic display to mass market. This could include work on mechanical design, optics and/or electronics depending on your interest and skillset.
This is an exciting opportunity to shape the development of genuinely revolutionary display technology, and to be part of an innovative and enthusiastic business poised for dramatic growth.
The successful candidate is likely to:
- Have a strong academic background;
- Be part-way through, or recently have graduated with, a strong degree, most likely, but not necessarily, in a STEM subject;
- Have strong problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Show interest in a relevant area, such as holography or VR/AR;
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to work both independently and in a team; and
- Possess excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- There is no explicit requirement of coding experience, though this may be advantageous.
How to apply
To apply please send a CV and a short paragraph explaining why you would be a good fit for this role to email@example.com.
VividQ is a deep tech software company with world-leading expertise in computer-generated holography. The company was founded based on ground-breaking research from the University of Cambridge, to make holographic display a mass market technology. VividQ software and IP is used by international technology companies , developing the next-generation of augmented reality (AR) wearables, head-up displays (HUD) and consumer electronics. The company is supported by international VC investors.
VividQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.