VividQ is a quickly growing deep technology company with global ambitions. Based out of Cambridge (UK), we are on a mission to bring holographic display to the mass consumer market. Our software and IP for computer-generated holography is used by the biggest technology companies, developing next-generation products in the automotive, consumer electronics, and digital display sectors.
Today, we are looking for a Graphic Designer with a strong creative portfolio to deliver immersive designs and on-brand projects.
Seniority: Junior to Mid-Level
Employment type: Full-time
Base compensation: 28-38K GBP + bonus
Benefits: Share options, Flexible working days/hours, Cycle To Work Scheme, Generous sick pay and maternity/paternity policies
Location: Flexible, with regular visits to London (UK), and Cambridge (UK)
Line Manager: Marketing Manager
Who are we looking for?
You have a good understanding of corporate design and branding. You have previously worked with marketing/commercial teams responsible for corporate identity/communications, and know how to develop appropriate creative ideas and concepts that deliver on overall marketing strategy and meet business goals. You are passionate about artistic representation (logos, typographies, colors) and design strategy (brand, quality, community, culture). You want to be involved hand-on in exciting creative projects in the immersive technology sector. You enjoy a wide range of tasks, from shaping communications for the world’s biggest technology events, to designing media content. You want to apply and expand your creative skills in the technology company with huge ambitions and unique challenges. You are ready to become part of an ambitious, tech-savvy, international Commercial Team, offering the most innovative holographic display technology to global technology manufacturers, and to work directly with VividQ’s Marketing Team and COO.
Your mission and responsibilities
- Generate engaging, considered, and on-brand design collateral for marketing and PR campaigns, technical guides, social media, sales materials, newsletter and blog to name just a few.
- Develop creative templates for visual materials
- Help to interpret, apply and extend our new branding/visual language
- Work closely with the marketing team to develop digital marketing campaigns, from concept to execution
- Research and suggest exciting new content for digital and traditional media platforms
- Write detailed creative briefs to communicate with VividQ’s technical creative team
- Take on feedback openly and allow others to contribute
- Assist COO and wider commercial team with ad hoc projects
Your experience and skills
- 2-4 years of digital design experience, ideally in a technology B2B environment
- A portfolio of concepts, graphics and layouts aimed at digital media platforms, ideally in corporate design and branding
- Good command of typography and layout rhythm
- Ability to communicate complex themes through simple design
- Experience using creative and design tools for image/video editing (in particular Adobe Suite, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Campaign and project management experience
- Highly organised, with a great accuracy, design eye and keen attention to detail
- Confident when presenting/describing your work to others
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Interest in innovation, high-tech and immersive technologies (virtual and augmented reality)
It would be great if you have:
- Experience creating animated 3D content and assets (modelling, texturing, shading, lighting and compositing) and/or using 3D software (Maya/Houdini)
- Experience using and designing email marketing tools, i.e. Mailchimp
- Photography or videography skills
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Employee share options scheme (the earlier you join, the bigger your upside)
- 25 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working environment
- Generous sick pay and maternity/paternity policies
- Diverse set of tasks, with every new day bringing fresh and exciting challenges
- Become part of a smart, ambitious team working towards changing the future of display technology
The candidate will be based in the UK and available to travel to London and Cambridge offices depending on business requirements.
How to apply
To apply please send a CV and a short paragraph explaining why you would be a good fit for this role to email@example.com
VividQ is a deep tech software company with world-leading expertise in computer-generated holography. The company was founded based on ground-breaking research from the University of Cambridge, to make holographic display a mass market technology. VividQ software and IP is used by international technology companies , developing the next-generation of augmented reality (AR) wearables, head-up displays (HUD) and consumer electronics. The company is supported by international VC investors.
VividQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.