General Manager for Japan and APAC
VividQ is a rapidly growing deep technology company with global ambitions. Based out of Cambridge (UK), we are on a mission to bring holographic display to the mass consumer market. Our proprietary software and IP for computer-generated holography is used by the biggest technology companies, developing next generation products in the automotive, consumer electronics, and digital display sectors. Today, we are looking for a General Manager to support our expansion in the Japan and the APAC region, build on existing relationships with blue chip companies, and accelerate the adoption of holographic technology in the region.
Who are we looking for?
You will become part of an ambitious, international Commercial Team, offering the most innovative holographic display technology to global technology manufacturers. You are an experienced commercial manager, accustomed to working with senior decision-makers at start-ups and world-leading technology companies. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, take on responsibility quickly, and you are result-driven. You have several years of experience in the consumer electronics sector in Japan and APAC with excellent industry connections.
Why we need you?
The Japanese and wider Asia-Pacific markets are key to our commercial strategy and VividQ have enjoyed several successes with ODMs and OEMs in the region. With customers and partners across Japan, China, and Taiwan, we plan to deepen our relationships and further expand our presence across augmented reality, automotive, and consumer electronics industries. GM will take up responsibility for developing the visibility of our brand and ensuring the long-term success of VividQ in the region.
GM for Japan and APAC will report to the C-suite and work closely with senior members of Commercial and Technical Teams.
Your mission and responsibilities
- Building new business relationships and means of growth for VividQ in Japan and the APAC region (especially China, Singapore, Taiwan and Korea).
- Tracking, reporting, and optimising live opportunities to ensure customer success, including identifying issues as they arise, assessing possible solutions, and executing them.
- Providing market intelligence and analysis for target markets verticals.
- Communicating VividQ products to senior stakeholders at leading technology companies.
- Enhancing awareness of VividQ technology in the target markets.
- Hosting and supporting industry events and presentations and connecting with existing and potential interest groups.
- Collaborating with other members of the commercial and technical teams to implement business development strategy and maintain steady pipeline growth.
Your experience and skills
- 8+ years of experience in a consulting or technology company (preferably in the consumer electronics, display, or automotive sectors), with proven track record of developing successful commercial engagements
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in Japanese and English, with the ability to discuss complex issues and develop technical and commercial documentation
- Knowledge of supply chains in consumer electronics manufacturing (ODMs/OEMs)
- Ability to communicate highly technical concepts and products to audiences with and without technical background
- Ability to develop commercial relationships from initial contact through to delivery
- Interest in immersive technologies, innovation and software products development
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Employee share options after converting into the full-time role (the earlier you join, the bigger your upside)
- Diverse set of tasks, with every new day bringing fresh and exciting challenges.
- Become part of a smart, ambitious team working towards changing the future of display technology
Location and how to apply
The candidate will be based in Tokyo, Japan with frequent travel to the UK and within the APAC region depending on business requirements. To apply please send a CV and a short paragraph explaining why you would be a good fit for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
VividQ is a deep tech software company with world-leading expertise in computer-generated holography. The company was founded based on ground-breaking research from the University of Cambridge, to make holographic display a mass market technology. VividQ software and IP is used by technology companies, developing the next-generation of augmented reality (AR) wearables, head-up displays (HUD) and consumer electronics. The company is supported by international VC investors. For more information, please visit: www.vivid-q.com.
VividQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.