FPGA Engineer (Firmware / Hardware)
As a quickly growing deep technology company, VividQ is looking for an experienced FPGA Engineer with strong digital design skills to work on an exciting new project. The successful candidate will become a part of an ambitious team, focused on developing next generation holographic display solutions, and work alongside world-leading optical and electronic engineers and software developers.
Being part of a rapidly growing start-up company means a fast-paced environment, and a diverse set of tasks, with every new day bringing fresh and exciting challenges. We work in an Agile environment.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Design and verification of digital device solutions
- RTL and HDL development in Verilog/VHDL
- Writing test benches
- Capture components of an embedded system from a high-level overview, translating to lower-level requirement specifications
- Key-role in progressing solutions towards Field-Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs) and Application-Specific Integrated Circuits (ASICs)
- Review software and hardware designs
- Analyse and optimise the performance of designs
- Anything else that a rapidly growing technology company might need from time to time!
This is an exciting opportunity to shape the development of genuinely revolutionary display technology, and to be part of an innovative and enthusiastic business poised for dramatic growth.
Qualifications and skills
The successful candidate will have most or all of the following:
- Degree in Electronic Engineering/Computer Science or a related subject
- Understanding of high speed digital design principles
- Experience in design and development of FPGA applications
- Good understanding of Verilog or VHDL
- Experience in use of design tools for simulation, synthesis and verification
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent ability to communicate technical concepts
It would be great if you had:
- Experience with high memory bandwidth requirements
- Experience with signal processing applications (eg FFT)
- Experience with HDMI/Displayport type protocols
- Experience in Python or C/C++
- Experience with version control (Git, SVN)
- Embedded software development experience
- An interest in holography
- An interest in Computer Graphics
- Worked within an Agile-environment previously
- Experience in a highly regulated industry (i.e. medical, aerospace, military)
What do we offer?
- Become part of a fun, smart, ambitious team working towards changing the future of display technology
- Competitive salary and employee share options
- 25 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays and flexible working environment
- Pension scheme
Location and how to apply
The candidate will be based in Cambridge, UK. To apply please send a CV and a couple of sentences explaining why you would be a good fit for this role to email@example.com
VividQ is a VC-backed, deep tech software company with world-leading expertise in 3D holography: the next generation display technology. Our expert engineers, mathematicians and computer scientists out of the Universities of Cambridge, Oxford and St Andrews have solved key technology barriers in the adoption of holographic display for mass commercial application. VividQ powers devices developed by OEMs across the US, China and Japan, establishing a new standard of display. Learn more at www.vivid-q.com.