FPGA Engineer (Firmware / Hardware)
VividQ is a quickly growing deep technology company with global ambitions. Based out of Cambridge (UK), we are on a mission to bring holographic display to the mass consumer market. Our software and IP for computer-generated holography is used by the biggest technology companies, developing next generation products in the automotive, consumer electronics, and digital display sectors.
Today, we are looking for an experienced FPGA Engineer with strong digital design skills to work on an exciting new project. The successful candidate will become a part of an ambitious team, focused on developing next generation holographic display solutions, and work alongside world-leading optical and electronic engineers and software developers.
Seniority: Mid-Level to Senior
Employment type: Full-time
Base compensation: 50-65K GBP
Benefits: Share options, Flexible working days/hours, Cycle To Work Scheme, Generous sick pay and maternity/paternity policies
Location: Flexible, with regular visits to Cambridge (UK)
Line Manager: Head of Development
Key responsibilities will include:
- Design and verification of digital device solutions
- RTL and HDL development in Verilog/VHDL
- Writing test benches
- Capture components of an embedded system from a high-level overview, translating to lower-level requirement specifications
- Key-role in progressing solutions towards Field-Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs) and Application-Specific Integrated Circuits (ASICs)
- Review software and hardware designs
- Analyse and optimise the performance of designs
- Anything else that a rapidly growing technology company might need from time to time!
This is an exciting opportunity to shape the development of genuinely revolutionary display technology, and to be part of an innovative and enthusiastic business poised for dramatic growth.
Qualifications and skills
The successful candidate will have most or all of the following:
- Degree in Electronic Engineering/Computer Science or a related subject
- Understanding of high speed digital design principles
- Experience in design and development of FPGA applications
- Good understanding of Verilog or VHDL
- Experience in use of design tools for simulation, synthesis and verification
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent ability to communicate technical concepts
It would be great if you had:
- Experience with high memory bandwidth requirements
- Experience with signal processing applications (eg FFT)
- Experience with HDMI/Displayport type protocols
- Experience in Python or C/C++
- Experience with version control (Git, SVN)
- Embedded software development experience
- An interest in holography
- An interest in Computer Graphics
- Worked within an Agile-environment previously
- Experience in a highly regulated industry (i.e. medical, aerospace, military)
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Employee share options scheme (the earlier you join, the bigger your upsight)
- 25 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working environment
- Generous sick pay and maternity/paternity policies
- Diverse set of tasks, with every new day bringing fresh and exciting challenges.
- Become part of a smart, ambitious team working towards changing the future of display technology
The candidate will be based in the UK and work regularly from our Cambridge (UK) office.
How to apply
To apply please send a CV and a couple of sentences explaining why you would be a good fit for this role to email@example.com
VividQ is a deep tech software company with world-leading expertise in computer-generated holography. The company was founded based on ground-breaking research from the University of Cambridge, to make holographic display a mass market technology. VividQ software and IP is used by international technology companies , developing the next-generation of augmented reality (AR) wearables, head-up displays (HUD) and consumer electronics. The company is supported by international VC investors.
VividQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.