Embedded Engineer (Firmware / Hardware)
About the role
As a quickly growing deep technology company, VividQ is looking for an experienced Embedded Engineer with strong low-level programming and hardware skills to work on an exciting new project. The successful candidate will become a part of an ambitious team, focused on developing next generation display solutions, and work alongside world-leading optical and electronic engineers and software developers.
Being part of a rapidly growing start-up company means a fast-paced environment, and a diverse set of tasks, with every new day bringing fresh and exciting challenges. We work in an Agile environment.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Maintenance and expansion of existing firmware
- Design, implement and debug firmware of embedded devices
- Fill the gap in understanding hardware-specific optimizations of low-level code
- Support both Hardware and Software teams in the implementation of new projects
- Capture components of an embedded system from a high-level overview, translating to lower-level requirement specifications
- Key-role in progressing solutions from Microprocessors towards Field-Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs) and Application-Specific Integrated Circuits (ASICs)
- Review software and hardware designs
- Analyse and optimise the performance of designs
- Create prototype hardware solutions and contribute to end-user products
- Anything else that a rapidly growing technology company might need from time to time!
This is an exciting opportunity to shape the development of genuinely revolutionary display technology, and to be part of an innovative and enthusiastic business poised for dramatic growth.
Qualifications and skills
The successful candidate will have most or all of the following:
- Degree in Electronic Engineering/Computer Science or a related subject
- Knowledge of low-level firmware/hardware architecture
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills with over 5 years of experience
- Ability to write device drivers and bootloaders
- Experience with GIT or a similar version control system
- Experience in RTOS development
- Experience in high-speed (GHz) data capture and processing
It would be great if you had:
- Worked with FPGA/ASIC development in the past
- History of PCB Design of multilayer boards in Eagle, Altium, or similar
- Experience in Project Management
- Experience in Python
- Experience with Fourier Transforms
- Experience with circuit simulation
- Software development experience
- An interest in Computer Graphics
- An interest in signal processing
- Worked within an Agile-environment previously
- Experience in a highly regulated industry (i.e. medical, aerospace, military)
What do we offer?
- Become part of a fun, smart, ambitious team working towards changing the future of display technology
- Competitive salary and employee share options
- 25 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays and flexible working environment
- Pension scheme
VividQ is a VC-backed, deep tech software company with world-leading expertise in 3D holography: the next generation display technology. Our expert engineers, mathematicians and computer scientists out of the Universities of Cambridge, Oxford and St Andrews have solved key technology barriers in the adoption of holographic display for mass commercial application. VividQ powers devices developed by OEMs across the US, China and Japan, establishing a new standard of display. Learn more at www.vivid-q.com.