VividQ is a quickly growing deep technology company with global ambitions. Based out of Cambridge (UK), we are on a mission to bring holographic displays to the mass consumer market. Our software and IP for computer-generated holography is used by the biggest technology companies, developing next generation products in the automotive, consumer electronics, and digital display sectors.
Today we are looking to recruit an experienced Electronics Engineer to work on a variety of internal and customer-facing projects in computer generated holography. You will become a part of an ambitious team, focused on developing next generation display solutions. You will work alongside world-leading optical, mechanical, electronic engineers and software developers.
Seniority: Mid-Level to Senior
Employment type: Full-time
Base compensation: 35-65k
Benefits: Share options, Flexible working days/hours, Cycle To Work Scheme, Generous sick pay and maternity/paternity policies
Location: Flexible, with regular visits to Cambridge (UK)
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking an experienced, flexible electronics engineer who is willing to get stuck into multiple technical projects to help bring holographic displays to market.
Your mission and responsibilities
- Testing and evaluation of pre-release components from world-leading companies
- Create prototype hardware solutions and contribute to end-user products
- Support both Hardware and Software teams in the implementation of new projects
- Active participation in cross-discipline requirement capture
- Review Hardware designs
- Analyse and optimise the performance of designs
- Liaising with suppliers of key components
- PCB Schematic capture and artwork layout
- Hand-building of prototype circuits and associated cabling
- Defining and conducting test plans
Your experience and skills
The successful candidate will have most or all of the following:
- Degree in Electronic Engineering or a related subject
- 5+ Years experience as an Electronics/Hardware Engineer in a Research & Development environment
- History of PCB Design of multilayer boards in Eagle, Altium, or similar
- Excellent Digital design skills
- Good Analogue design skills
- Experience in taking an electronic design from an idea to a fully-populated PCB using external suppliers
- Excellent hand-soldering skills
- Ability to define and build custom cable assemblies
- Experience in reading and understanding datasheets
- Experience with circuit simulation
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
It would be great if you have:
- Excellent Analogue electronic design skills
- Knowledge of low-level firmware/hardware architecture
- C/C++ programming skills
- Experience with GIT or similar version control
- Experience in high-speed (GHz) PCB design
- Experience in Project Management
- Experience in customer/client-facing meetings
- Experience in Python
- Worked with FPGA/ASIC development in the past
- Software development experience
- Worked within an Agile-environment previously
- Experience in a highly regulated industry (i.e. medical, aerospace, military)
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Employee share options scheme (the earlier you join, the bigger your upside)
- 25 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working environment
- Generous sick pay and maternity/paternity policies
- Diverse set of tasks, with every new day bringing fresh and exciting challenges.
- Become part of a smart, ambitious team working towards changing the future of display technology
The candidate will be based in the UK and work regularly from our Cambridge (UK) office.
How to apply
To apply please send a CV and a couple of sentences explaining why you would be a good fit for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
VividQ is a deep tech software company with world-leading expertise in computer-generated holography. The company was founded based on ground-breaking research from the University of Cambridge, to make holographic display a mass market technology. VividQ software and IP is used by international technology companies , developing the next-generation of augmented reality (AR) wearables, head-up displays (HUD) and consumer electronics. The company is supported by international VC investors.
VividQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.