VividQ is a quickly growing deep technology company with global ambitions. Based out of Cambridge (UK), we are on a mission to bring holographic displays to the mass consumer market. Our software and IP for computer-generated holography is used by the biggest technology companies, developing next generation products in the automotive, consumer electronics, and digital display sectors.
Today, we are looking for an experienced Driver Engineer to work on an exciting new project. The successful candidate will become a part of an ambitious team, focused on developing next generation holographic display solutions, and work alongside world-leading optical, electronic engineers, and software developers.
Seniority: Mid-Level to Senior
Employment type: Full-time
Base compensation: 40-65k
Benefits: Share options, Flexible working days/hours, Cycle To Work Scheme, Generous sick pay and maternity/paternity policies
Location: Flexible, with regular visits to Cambridge (UK)
Your mission and responsibilities
- Design and verification of drivers to control FPGA and ASIC driven hardware from a host
- Manage the low-level components of the software stack
- Support hardware development teams
- Analyse and optimise drivers for high performance
- Review software designs
- Anything else that a rapidly growing technology company might need from time to time!
This is an exciting opportunity to shape the development of genuinely revolutionary display technology, and to be part of an innovative and enthusiastic business poised for dramatic growth.
Your experience and skills
The successful candidate will have most of all of the following:
- BEng/BSc or equivalent in Computer Science or Electronic Engineering
- At least 3 years relevant industrial experience
- Experience in using lower level languages such as C/C++
- Excellent software design, problem solving and debugging skills
- Experience of driver design on Windows, Linux or MacOS
- Experience with systems engineering or low-level hardware and firmware development
The following would be preferred:
- MEng/MSc or PhD in a relevant field
- Experience working with hardware and software teams to understand the design requirements and translate them into a product
- Experience delivering software to customers
- Experience with firmware development and hardware simulators is a plus
- Experience with hardware bring up and debugging
- Experience working on drivers for FPGAs
- Experience with HDMI/Displayport type protocols
- Experience with version control (Git, SVN)
- An interest in holography
- An interest in Computer Graphics
- Worked within an Agile-environment previously
- Experience in a highly regulated industry (i.e. medical, aerospace, military)
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Employee share options scheme (the earlier you join, the bigger your upside)
- 25 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working environment
- Generous sick pay and maternity/paternity policies
- Diverse set of tasks, with every new day bringing fresh and exciting challenges.
- Become part of a smart, ambitious team working towards changing the future of display technology
The candidate will be based in the UK and work regularly from our Cambridge (UK) office.
How to apply
To apply please send a CV and a couple of sentences explaining why you would be a good fit for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
VividQ is a deep tech software company with world-leading expertise in computer-generated holography. The company was founded based on ground-breaking research from the University of Cambridge, to make holographic display a mass market technology. VividQ software and IP is used by international technology companies , developing the next-generation of augmented reality (AR) wearables, head-up displays (HUD) and consumer electronics. The company is supported by international VC investors.
VividQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.