Computer Graphics Generalist
As a quickly growing deep technology company, VividQ is looking for an experienced CG Generalist to create animated 3D content to be used in marketing collateral and to be displayed on VividQ’s holographic projectors and headsets for technical demonstrations. This will entail delivering high-quality output, requiring skills in modelling, texturing, shading, lighting and compositing.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in commercial work, and be comfortable taking on a range of tasks independently or as part of a team. They will have a strong set of broad skills, along with a preferred specialised discipline.
The CG Generalist will work closely with the sales team, other artists and the software team to define a specific look for in-house VFX based projects as well as technical demonstrations, so good communication skills and the ability to receive and iterate on feedback is essential. You will have the ability to problem solve, predict where issues may lie in tasks given and proactively seek out solutions that may arise during projects in production.
Being part of a rapidly growing start-up company means a fast-paced environment, and a diverse set of tasks, with every new day bringing fresh and exciting challenges.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Asset creation (modelling, texturing, look dev, rigging, animation);
- Lighting (both matching real-world scenarios and setting up CG lighting);
- Scene assembly;
- Working in coordination with other artists and the commercial team to ensure standards are maintained; and
- Managing workloads to deliver on time, even with tight deadline.
Qualifications and skills
To be a successful candidate will likely have:
- Understanding of CG techniques and technologies
- Knowledge of the VFX and associated pipelines
- Strong understanding of light, colour and composition
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in production
- High standard of quality control
- Keen to learn cutting edge techniques and develop/adapt workflows accordingly
- Proven experience using 3D software in a production environment (Maya/Houdini desirable)
- Proven experience using Arnold/Redshift or similar ray trace renderer
- Technical / Scripting skills valued (Python, Mel, C++, VEX, C#, git)
- Unity/Unreal Engine experience a plus
- Excellent time management
- Good communication skills
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Ability to work as part of a team and take feedback/direction positively
- On set/shoot experience a bonus
What do we offer?
- Become part of a fun, smart, ambitious team working towards changing the future of display technology;
- Competitive salary and employee share options;
- 25 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays and flexible working environment; and
- Pension scheme.
VividQ is a deep tech company with world-leading expertise in computer-generated holography. Our software and IP powers the next-generation of augmented reality (AR) wearables, head-up displays (HUD) and consumer electronics. Learn more at www.vivid-q.com.