Business Development Manager
VividQ is a quickly growing deep technology company with global ambitions. Based out of Cambridge (UK), we are on a mission to bring holographic display to the mass consumer market. Our software and IP for computer-generated holography is used by the biggest technology companies, developing next generation products in the automotive, consumer electronics, and digital display sectors.
Today, we are looking for a Business Development Manager who will proactively define, source and qualify opportunities in VividQ’s target markets, and lead relationships from initial contact to successful deployment.
Seniority: Mid-Level to Senior
Employment type: Full-time
Base compensation: 55-68K GBP + bonus
Benefits: Share options, Flexible working days/hours, Cycle To Work Scheme, Generous sick pay and maternity/paternity policies
Location: Flexible, with regular visits to London (UK), and Cambridge (UK)
Line Manager: Head of Sales
Who are we looking for?
You are experienced at building networks and connections in the technology industry, both at C-level and across the product development and technical R&D teams. You are comfortable working with and communicating highly technical products. You are analytical and make informed, data-driven decisions. You thrive in a fast-paced environment, and take on responsibility quickly. You have a good understanding of the consumer electronics and semiconductor sectors, and a passion for immersive technologies. You are ready to become part of an ambitious, international Commercial Team, offering the most innovative holographic display technology to global technology manufacturers, and report directly to the Head of Sales and Licensing.
Your mission and responsibilities
- Identify, qualify, and pursue leads to a successful agreement from senior stakeholders
- Develop and implement go to market strategies across different target verticals
- Independently pitch VividQ technology and products to audiences with and without technical background
- Maintain relationships with the rich network of qualified prospects to identify and communicate their needs
- Collaborate with technical and (product) marketing teams to ensure that requirements for prospects needs are met
- Develop relationships with corporate development teams, understand and communicate their objectives to senior management
- Make informed recommendations on the company product strategy and competitive positioning
Your experience and skills
- 4+ years of experience in management consulting or technology company (corporate or start-up)
- Proven track record of pursuing leads to a successful agreement from senior stakeholders in the consumer electronics, ODM/OEM or semiconductor companies
- Knowledge of prospecting and lead generation strategies
- Analytical and result-oriented approach to sales pipeline management
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written), with the ability to discuss complex issues and develop technical and commercial documentation
- Passion for immersive technologies, innovation and software products development
- Degree in a STEM subject is an advantage
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Employee share options scheme (the earlier you join, the bigger your upsight)
- 25 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays and flexible working environment
- Diverse set of tasks, with every new day bringing fresh and exciting challenges.
- Become part of a smart, ambitious team working towards changing the future of display technology
The candidate will be based in the UK and available to travel to London and Cambridge offices depending on business requirements.
How to apply
To apply please send a CV and a short paragraph explaining why you would be a good fit for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
VividQ is a deep tech software company with world-leading expertise in computer-generated holography. The company was founded based on ground-breaking research from the University of Cambridge, to make holographic display a mass market technology. VividQ software and IP is used by international technology companies , developing the next-generation of augmented reality (AR) wearables, head-up displays (HUD) and consumer electronics. The company is supported by international VC investors.
VividQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.