3D Computer Graphics Generalist
VividQ is a quickly growing deep technology company with global ambitions. Based out of Cambridge (UK), we are on a mission to bring holographic display to the mass consumer market. Our software and IP for computer-generated holography is used by the biggest technology companies, developing next generation products in the automotive, consumer electronics, and digital display sectors.
We are looking for an experienced 3D Computer Graphics Generalist to create animated 3D content to be used in marketing collateral and to be displayed on VividQ’s holographic projectors and headsets for technical demonstrations. This will entail delivering high-quality output, requiring skills in modelling, texturing, shading, lighting and compositing.
Employment type: Full-time
Base compensation: 30-40k
Benefits: Share options, Flexible working days/hours, Cycle To Work Scheme, Generous sick pay and maternity/paternity policies
Location: Flexible, with regular visits to Cambridge (UK)
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in commercial work, and be comfortable taking on a range of tasks independently or as part of a team. They will have a strong set of broad skills, along with a preferred specialised discipline.
The 3D Computer Graphics Generalist will work closely with the marketing team, other artists and the software team to define a specific look for in-house VFX based projects as well as technical demonstrations, so good communication skills and the ability to receive and iterate on feedback is essential. They will have the ability to solve problems, predict where issues may lie in tasks given and proactively seek out solutions that may arise during projects in production.
Your mission and responsibilities
- Asset creation (modelling, texturing, look dev, rigging, animation);
- Lighting (both matching real-world scenarios and setting up CG lighting);
- Scene assembly;
- Working in coordination with other artists and the commercial team to ensure standards are maintained; and
- Managing workloads to deliver on time, even with tight deadline.
Experience and skills
Technical Skills: Essential
- Understanding of CG techniques and technologies
- Knowledge of the VFX and associated pipelines
- Strong understanding of light, colour and composition
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in production
- High standard of quality control
- Keen to learn cutting edge techniques and develop/adapt workflows accordingly
- Strong showreel/portfolio
Technical Skills: Desirable
- Proven experience using 3D software in a production environment (Maya/Houdini desirable)
- Proven experience using Arnold/Redshift or similar ray trace renderer
- Technical / Scripting skills valued (Python, Mel, C++, VEX, C#, git)
- Unity/Unreal Engine experience a plus
The successful candidate will also have
- Excellent time management
- Good communication skills
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Ability to work as part of a team and take feedback/direction positively
- On set/shoot experience a bonus
What do we offer?
- Competitive salary
- Employee share options scheme (the earlier you join, the bigger your upside)
- 25 days of paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working environment
- Generous sick pay and maternity/paternity policies
- Diverse set of tasks, with every new day bringing fresh and exciting challenges
- Become part of a smart, ambitious team working towards changing the future of display technology
Flexible with regular days in Cambridge.
How to apply
To apply please send a CV and a short paragraph explaining why you would be a good fit for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
VividQ is a deep tech software company with world-leading expertise in computer-generated holography. The company was founded based on ground-breaking research from the University of Cambridge, to make holographic display a mass market technology. VividQ software and IP is used by international technology companies , developing the next-generation of augmented reality (AR) wearables, head-up displays (HUD) and consumer electronics. The company is supported by international VC investors.
VividQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer for any minority, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.